ACA Instructor Development: Are you interested in becoming a Certified Instructor with the
American Canoe Association? We are offering Essentials Level (Level 2)
Instructor Development and Certification Workshops (ICW)
in Kayak and/or Canoe in early May. These workshops are held with support of New Haven Parks and will take place at a variety of
Park venues beginning at 8:30 am each day (see dates below). Call Elizabeth at 203-903-5705 for registration, or questions.
- ACA Essentials of Tandem Canoe ICW: May 5 - 7, all day - Fee: $375/person
- ACA Essentials of Coastal Kayak ICW: May 7 - 10, all day - Fee: $375/person
- ACA Essentials of Kayak and Tandem Canoe ICW: May 5 - 10, all day - Fee: $600/person
- Group Rate (3+ Candidates, same org.): May 5 - 10, all day - Fee: $550/person
- Prerequisite Skills: Appropriate candidates are expected to bring Level-2 Paddling skills
- Equipment Needed: Boat(s), paddle(s), PFD, safety & rescue gear, immersion clothing, etc.
- Equipment & Gear Rental: Inquire
For Instructors Adaptive Paddling
Endorsement: Learn the special skills and get certified by ACA to teach paddling to those with special needs. Join us at
Lighthouse Point Park (Directions) on New Haven harbor on May 15 to 18,
2014 from 8:30 am to 6:00 pm for four days of rewarding training. All adaptive materials will be provided, boats and gear available
on request. For class detail please review our
Class Description . For registration and information call New Haven Parks at 203-946-6768 or CT PaddleCraft
- Early Registration Fee: $350 per person prior to April 1, 2014
- Early Registration Deposit: $175 (50%) required for discount prior to April 1
- General Registration Fee: $450 per person after April 1, (space permitting)
Free to the Public! 3rd Annual Southern
CT Small Craft Symposium (SCSCS): Join us at beautiful Lighthouse Point Park
( Directions) on New Haven harbor on June 14, 2014 from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm
for a day of Presentations, On-Water Demonstrations and Displays on Canoeing Kayaking and related topics. Organized by Changing Tides
PaddleCraft and sponsored by New Haven Parks, US Coast Guard and American Canoe Association this symposium is free to the
public (donations gratefully accepted). For participation or information call CT PaddleCraft at 203-903-5705 or visit
our Events page.
Empire Kayak Clinics: We are teaching weekend clinics at Empire Kayaks at 4
Empire Boulevard, Island Park, NY (Long Island) again this summer. These four different clinics listed below are scheduled repeatedly
througout the summer. Consult our Schedule page for dates, times and details.
Call Empire Kayaks at 516-889-8300 to register.
- ACA Quick Start - Kayak: Introduction to kayaking (strokes) 3-hours - $75
- Kayak Rescue Clinic: Kayak recoveries and rescues 3-hours - $75
- Combo Clinic: Kayak strokes and recoveries 4-hours - $100
- Kayak Rolling Clinic: Ultimate in self-rescue 3-hours - $75
Just for you!
Private Lessons: Construct a custom class to fit your exact needs and schedule!
Register for a private or semi-private lesson at the level of your choice. For details check out our
Class Description or call
us at 203-903-5705 to discuss your needs and plan a class.
- Private Lesson: $75/hr (one student)
- Semi-Private Lesson: $45/hr (two students)
- Boat rental: $15/session (gear included)